Sunday 17 March 2019

Letters and Sounds

Over the last fortnight we have started learning our letters and sounds. Each week we will be learning three new letter shapes and their sounds. Week 5 we explored on /s/, /a/ and /t/. During week 6 we were busy learning /p/, /i/, /n/.  We focus on seeing, hearing, saying and writing these letter shapes. We expose the children to the letter name however, our emphasis is on recalling and identifying the sounds associated with each letter name. We encourage all children to share this learning with you as they explore the sounds around them, particularly when reading stories together.  

We look forward to helping you support your child with their learning journey in English in our upcoming evening information session on Friday 29 March.  A note has gone home, if you have not received it, please see the classroom teacher.




'Tell me and I forget.  Teach me and I remember.  Involve me and I learn.'
Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment